- Cook you favourite dishes
- Cook in a local Home
- Visit the local markets
- Take away recipes
- Discover new recipes
- Duration: Half day
- Price: 300 Yuan/Person
- Difficulty: 1
- Group Size: 2+ People
Chengdu’s world famous cuisine made it only the second city in the world to achieve a UNESCO City of Gastronomy designation, so where better than a Chengdu family home to take a lesson in authentic Sichuan cooking? You will spend three and a half hours with a local host family who will take you step-by-step through the process of preparing a traditional Sichuan meal from market – to kitchen – to table, using family recipes handed down from generation to generation. After that you will eat your meal with the family and can take printouts of the recipes home with you.
GROUP SIZE 2+Schedule
- 4:30 pm- Welcome tea. Meet the host family.
- 5:00 pm – A brief introduction to Sichuan cuisine.
- 5:15 pm -Take a short walk to the local market to source ingredients.
- 6:00 pm – Cooking class commences.
- 7:30 pm- On completion of the cooking class, enjoy the meal and a chance to chat with the host family.
- Take home printed recipes.
Venue : Central Chengdu Chengdu downtown
Quote: 1 Adult = 300 CNY 1 Adult =400 CNY (100 Transportation )
Age: Below Six= Free Six to twelve= half price
N.B. All local host families are located in central Chengdu.
Most Popular Meals
- 麻婆豆腐 Ma-Po Tofu
- 糖醋排骨 Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs
- 蒜泥白肉 Sliced Pork with Minced Garlic
- 回锅肉 Doubled-Cooked Pork
- 水煮肉 Sliced Boiled Pork in Sichuan Hot Oil
- 番茄炒蛋 Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes
- 凉拌三丝 Jellyfish, Carrot, and Cabbage lettuce
- 泡椒肥肠 Pickled Chili with Pork Intestine
- 笋尖肉丝 Shredded Pork with Bamboo Tips
- 蒜香排骨 Bean Noodles with Minced Pork
- 口水鸡 Boiled Chicken with Sichuan Chili
- 鱼香肉丝 Shredded Pork with Garlic Sauce
- 担担面 Dan-Dan Noodles
- 鱼香茄子 Sichuan Style Garlic Eggplant
- 蒜香排骨 Ribs with Ground Garlic
- Stir-Fried String Beans
- Kung-Pao Lotus Lotus
- Kawakita jelly Homemade
- Sichuan Spicy Jelly Tofu
- Spinach (fried garlic fermented bean curd) Water Cress
- Green onion Tofu Salad
- Marked bamboo shoots Tips in Chili
- Cucumber salad sichuan Style
- Cucumber Salad with garlic kelp
- Shredded seaweed with garlic
- Stir lettuce in Oyster Sause
- Pepper potato Fried Shredded
- Sesame rice balls
- Sticky Rice dumplings with sesame Filling
- Farmer’s market tour
- Hands on cooking class
- Chinese wine and Green tea
- Detailed recipes
- Bilingual chef and staff
- Round-trip transfer (approx. CNY30 by taxi)
- Other meals/drinks,
- Personal Expenses